Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Vet Visit of 2011 - Complete

Dinglehopper had his first vet visit of the year.

Our appointment was at 2:40pm. Far too early for my liking as I worked last night and didn't get to bed until 8am. I usually book our appointments late in the evening (like after 9pm), but the vet we wanted to see was only in until 3pm so I had to drag my ass out of bed.

Despite being overtired and feeling like I had been hit by a truck, it was worth getting up for.

I'm happy to report that we've started off our vet visits of the year on a positive note.

Dingle's crotch problems are over with - Dingle's 'thing' is back to normal.

Dingle had/has a huge mat behind his ear from wearing the E-Collar. I wanted to ask if cornstarch was okay if licked by dogs - because I use cornstarch to get Dingle's mats out and whenever I do it I'm always paranoid he'll scratch himself, lick his paw and get sick.

Cornstarch works miracles for matting - I just rub it into the mat and it combs out fairly easy.

When I mentioned the mat the vet offered to use clippers to get rid of it. I said that we once tried using them and Dingle freaked out about the noise. So the vet used little scissors to cut the mat in half instead - just to make it even easier for me to brush out after the cornstach. I'll deal with the mat after I wake up from a long (read: 6 hours) nap.

Dingle's vet costs in 2011 so far: $55.82

Now Dingle's just chilling out with (or perhaps babysitting without pay) his friend the disabled handicapped hamster:

No comments:

Post a Comment