Friday, January 14, 2011

Final 2010 Totals Are In...

In another post I said how I had been keeping track of all of Dingle's vet costs since the beginning of the year.

The total was $3,244.94.

Last night I got an Email confirmation from Trupanion stating that my last two outstanding 2010 claims had been processed and cheques mailed.

Of the $3,244.94 I spent at the vets $1,302.94 was covered.

Trupanion does not cover the vet consulation fees, or routine care. So Dingle's shots, dental cleaning, etc. weren't covered. But 90% of anything related to accidents or illnesses (Dingle's Progressive Retinal Atrophy and KCS care, for example) is covered.

That means that I paid $1,942.00 for Dingle's vet care last year.

Not as bad as I thought.

But let's see if we can do better (meaning less out of my pocket) in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment